Iron-on Patch Instructions
So you're wondering how to get your new Monsterologist patches applied to your garment or accessory? Here's a simple, step-by-step instruction on how to do it:
- First, make sure your garment is clean & freshly laundered (including new items).
- Set your iron to "COTTON" at 400 degrees, and let it warm up for five minutes.
- Thoroughly iron the area of the garment where the patch will be placed.
- Place patch on garment, embroidery facing up.
- Place a cloth or light towel over the patch, and using a slow circular motion, press the iron firmly for 30 seconds over the patch.
- Next, turn the garment inside out, and iron the back of the patch for 30 seconds using the same slow circular motion.
- Let everything cool down for one minute. If edge of patch can be lifted, repeat step 6.
A few notes:
- Do NOT use on fabrics that are not iron-able (fabrics that have a low melting point) such as nylons, vinyls, or leathers.
- Do NOT bleach.
And lastly, while iron-on patches are great, you'll want to consider sewing them on for a more permanent application. Your local dry cleaner (if they do alterations) can probably do this for you for a few bucks.
Now you're all set to Monsterologize your gear and clothing!